[Kexi] Compilation problem

Martin Ellis martin.ellis at kdemail.net
Sat May 27 18:09:04 CEST 2006

On Saturday 27 May 2006 15:27, Pasquale Imbemba wrote:
> I am trying to compile Kexi 0.9 (just Kexi) on my open SUSE 10.0 and get
> the error :
>
> "checking for libz .... configure: error: not found.
> Possibly configure picks up an outdated version installed by XFree86.
> Remove it from your system."
>
> Which dependency am I missing?

It's probably called something like libz-devel.

Rather than compile an old version of Kexi, I suggest instead installing a
package of the latest version, Kexi 1.0.  This was released with KOffice 1.5.

I think you can use the SuSE packages from here:
http://download.kde.org/download.php?url=stable/koffice-1.5.1

Be sure to check the README file there.

Martin