[Kexi] Can't logon to MySQL

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sun Mar 19 20:57:04 CET 2006

On Sunday 19 March 2006 17:11, Robin Atwood wrote:
> I have just built kexi  1.0 beta2. When  try to create a new database in
> MySQL I always receive error 2013, even if logging in as root (I assume
> root has all necessary privileges). I read the common mistakes FAQ but it
> seems I am not getting to first base. MySQL is running of course and all
> the other applications are working. I explicitly specified the server as
> localhost:3306 just to be safe but it makes no difference. I guess I am
> doing something dumb, any ideas?

Robin,
Is this error '2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query'?
If so, note this is mysql error message, doesn't seem to be related to kexi.
You could check whether the same problems are visible with other tools like
MySQL Admnistrator.

Let us know about your mysql version. Try to find a solution
Lost connections are weird for localhost, right?

Random thoughts:

I've found this: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/gone-away.html

You can also try to temporarily disable your firewall or set it up properly
for mysql connections. Or connect via local socket (there's such option in
the 2nd tab of the connection dialog).

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska