[Kexi] Kexi DB libraries

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon Jun 19 13:52:29 CEST 2006

Daniele Granata said the following, On 2006-06-19 13:07:

> my name is Granata Daniele and I would like to develope a project that will
> help me with my 2 comics shop.
> I started with QT and QTSQL using mysql as DBM, now i would like to use Kexi
> and KDE libraries.
> I'm trying to use my existing mysql database but I've got the
> infamous "kexi_db_major_ver" error.
> I know that I have to import my database, but IMHO is a limitation that QTSQL
> doesn't have.

Daniele,
QtSQL works at native SQL level, KexiDB works at higher level.

For Kexi 2.x there is also plan to allow displaying externally-created tables
in Kexi interface without 'importing' them, i.e. linking them.

> If I would like to query a database on www.example.it with only SELECT
> privilege how can i achieve this with your libs?

I've just updated and extended Answer 4.2 in the FAQ:

http://kexi-project.org/wiki/wiki/index.php?KexiFAQ

Please read the workaround I've proposed.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska