[Kexi] kexi

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Feb 24 15:04:05 CET 2006

Eildert Groeneveld wrote:

> perhaps there is a better platform to find answers, but this route was the one
> I found.

Hello
Yes, I am forwarding this to kexi at kde.org mailing list. Please use it.

> As of Postgresql-8.1 I am haing problems to connect kexi 1.4.90.1-1
>
> to postgres. The complaint I am getting on the console is
>
> "Closing connection while nontransaction still open"
>
> As regards my setup: I have a .9 kexi database on the postgresql server, but
> when startet as
> kexi --local-socket /var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432
>
> (the lock file seem sto have moved) and I chose from the kexi opening window
> the "open existing projects" tab I do get postgresql eg at localhost:5432

No need to use --local-socket arg if you're using 'select conenction'
startup window anyway. Just run kexi, and define the connection up to
specific local socket setting if needed.

> all looking fine.
> But when I hit the ok, I get on the starting console the message:
> Closing connection while nontransaction still open
>
> and in the following an empty window.
>
> any idea of how to connect?

I'll look at the problem; could you try to connect via tcp/ip, instead
of the socket? And send me your .kexic file for your connection (before
remove your password= line), located in
~/.kde/share/apps/kexi/connections/ ?

This could be a good start for me to try to locate a problem.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska / Kexi Team

  Developers Wanted! http://www.kexi-project.org
  KDElibs/Win http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDElibs+for+win32