[Kexi] ComboBox

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Oct 28 10:46:43 CEST 2005

Karsten Schwager said the following, On 2005-10-28 02:18:

> Hallo,
>
> how do I create a combobox in kexi, or the other elements you can find
> in KFormDesigner)

In short: It is hidden in every Kexi version < 1.0 (and currently, 1.0 doesn't
yet exist).

1. The main difference before widget libraries (sets) in KFormDesigner and
Kexi is that the latter has its widgets extended by adding database handling.
Combo box widget, when ready, will be unhidden too.

> Is there a posibility to use the forms created in KFormDesigner?

See 1. KFormDesigner doesn't proved data-aware widgets (because this feature
require much of Kexi features so KFormDesigner would become Kexi itself
(almost). OTOH, it's planned to wrap data-aware widgets so they can be used
QtDesigner and thus by KDE apps and also by KFormDesigner.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska