D29277: Escape table name in when building a select statement with row id

jordi fita i mas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 29 19:50:17 BST 2020

jfita added a comment.

  Created potential fix for this in D29286 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29286>

  In D29277#659924 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29277#659924>, @staniek wrote:

  > Entering "select id from [table]" in KEXI SQL editor or passing it to a parser in C++ raises the same parser's error.
  >  In order to reproduce bug you're fixing above one needs to create a queryfully using the C++ API since the parser won't let the to go reserved identifiers through.
  >  (until the #332161 is solved)

  At present, until #332161 is implemented, this is the only way of triggering this bug, as far as i know.

  > As for using back quotes for any testing. This is not going to be in any user/developer -visible SQL. Only [ ] and [[]] are. The idea for back quotes is the storage format of KEXI queries to be compatible.

  Sorry, i did my tests before our discussion in #332161 and was trying out my misconceptions of the conclusions there. I reverted all my changes and will try again with [].

REPOSITORY
  R15 KDb

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D29277