D11549: Skip table name if physical table is non-existing, use the new tableNames API in migration

Jarosław Staniek noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jun 5 22:10:34 UTC 2018

staniek added a comment.

  In D11549#238935 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11549#238935>, @piggz wrote:

  > Should we clean up the internal schema of non existing tables? Options would be automatic or prompt to user.

  I think I've been thinking about that. Well, mid-term we will only maintain internal metadata for backward compatibility. Since 3.2 by just ignoring the "ghost" internal metadata items we can ignore their existence, removing them won't change anything. Removing may be impossible (read-only mode can be enabled for example).

  > Other consideration is other objects referring to non-existing tables like reports and queries.

  Yes, this will be always the case even after we no longer require creation of internal metadata. I think the answer at GUI level in KEXI would be feature that shows global relationships between all types of objects and help track and fix errors. Errors can appear less or more likely; more in a multi-developer project. Just like in text-based programming :)

REPOSITORY
  R71 Kexi

BRANCH
  392112