Change in behaviour

Adam Pigg adam at piggz.co.uk
Mon May 29 20:35:57 UTC 2017

Hi

In the old (2.x) days, there was a 'feature' where if no data source was
selected for a report, Kexi would generate a special data source with 1
record.  This was useful for single page reports with either static data,
or script generated data.

In 3.x, we changed this to move the 'hack' into Kreport, with a new data
source type OneRecordDataSource, which is used if no other data source is
set.

This works fine, except for one thing.....the list of scripts in the
project is supplied by the data source.  As we now dont set a data source
from kexi all the time, and instead rely on kreport when no data source is
set, we have lost the ability to have 'no data source' but still have
access to kexi scripts.

Thoughts/way forward?

Adam