[Kexi-devel] [Differential] [Commented On] D890: Make Kexi query parameters also work in COLUMNS section

staniek (Jarosław Staniek) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 16 20:18:45 UTC 2016

staniek added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D890#18398, @piggz wrote:

  > should such queries require a from clause? im thinking of oracle db that uses special 'dual' table to select such params from...in the case where no 'from' is used, how many rows are returned?

  FROM is not required in KDbSQL (ex KexiSQL). Our SQL parser is flexible, so we can be more liberal than db engines. A number of engines including SQLite allows to select without the FROM. Then 1 row is returned. This is a nice way to test expressions that don't need actual columns.

REPOSITORY
  rCALLIGRA Calligra

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D890