[Kexi-devel] RFC: plan for starting the Qt5/KF5 port

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Mar 3 22:29:20 UTC 2015

Am Freitag, 27. Februar 2015, 19:03:30 schrieb Thorsten Zachmann:
> Hello,
>
> > I say it should be done now, and be done to 2.9 too
> >
> > And I almost don't think maintainers should be able to say no. The long
> > term goal of having a clean codebase is more important than short term
> > issue with git blame (have a separate permanent checkout before this
> > revision where you can run git blame)
> >
> > After all maintainers and developers come and go. It's important all of
> > our
> > codebase is as easy and consistent to look at as possible - and yeah i
> > know
> > that is an argument for keeping easy history too - sigh
>
> There is also the option -w to git blame that ignores whitespace changes.
> Which should be the majority of changes showing a problem.

So, where are we with the decision about when, where and for which parts to
run astyle-kdelibs? Has anyone already tried how the diff will actually look
like after it got applied? I wanted to give it a try yesterday, but after I
had adapted the seemingly already partially redundant patches for latest
astyle of OpenSUSE, I was stopped by needing "normalizer" from an extended qt5
build with qtrepotools created, which seems not packaged at least with
opensuse qt5 packages?

Too bad I only recently freed my disk from any custom qt5 builds...

So, anyone else who could tell how much the history will be screwed, besides
whitespaces?

Other than that it seems to me no one now strongly rejects
* astyle-kdelibs being applied to all of Calligra code
* doing that in master
* right before the port starts.

Does this sounds like something that will make most people happy and least
people unhappy?

Cheers
Friedrich