[Kexi-devel] RFC: plan for starting the Qt5/KF5 port

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Feb 27 00:21:56 UTC 2015

Am Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2015, 15:41:33 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2015, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > My 2 cents :)
> >
> > 1) astyle
> >
> > Last time astyle was applied to Krita code (something around 2010-2011, it
> > was applied partially?) I really didn't like the result. At least the
> > thing it did with braces and indentation. I guess we just need to choose
> > really carefully what to change and what not. E.g.
> > one-line-return-if-error ifs might not have braces. That is I don't agree
> > that the policy statement "Use curly braces even when the body of a
> > conditional statement contains only one line" should be followed blindly.
> >
> > For the rest, e.g. include style, tab vs spaces, lines with trailing
> > whitespace I'm ok with fixing it automatically.
> >
> > 2) If astyle applied, it must be applied to master-only. Under no
> > circumstances to calligra/2.9. Without being able to use 'git blame'
> > it'll be tough to fix many kinds of bugs and do bisecting.
> Okay.

If not using astyle on calligra/2.9, then it should be better only applied at
the end of the porting, close to 3.0 release, to not complicate forward
porting of commits to calligra/2.9. Would you agree?
Perhaps also even only after 3.0, during 3.1, when the chances are even lower
that stuff needs to be forward ported from 2.9.

So okay if I move that item to a section "Stuff to be done after the port"?

Cheers
Friedrich