[Kexi-devel] Table view for testing!

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat Nov 1 15:12:47 UTC 2014

Am Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2014, 22:51:42 schrieb Jaroslaw Staniek:
> Before code reviewing (in 10 days or so), I encourage brave souls to
> test the the ported (to Qt4) Kexi Table view's functionality,
> something that predates Qt4 model view and one of biggest QWidgets
> ever, I think:

Builds and works fine here for what I tested quickly :)

> PS: A contest: spot a small nice new feature!

Three things I spotted:
* column header of currently selected cell is highlighted (design)
* tables can be sorted in design mode, per column
* field with primary key as symbol in data mode

Guess I lost the contest as I spotted three small nice new features, not one
;)

Visual glitches I noticed:
* the vertical scrollbar both in data/design mode has a strange background, at
least with Oxygen (seems not following the overall gradient, instead has a
fixed background).
* frame around table in data mode somehow is not properly aligned on the right
side, the header underline paints past the frame, and the navigator bar does
not stretch completely to the right.
* in data mode the row header is only painted for the first row (look for the
highlighting and the header separator)

One possible issue also present in old table design:
in design mode the primary key toggle is always "checked"/"in" once there is a
primary key, even if the focus is on a cell of a field that does not have the
primary key. Seems like a bug to me, at least I am surprised by the behaviour.
I only would expect the toggle button to be "checked"/"in" on cells that
belong the field that currently is the primary key.

Cheers
Friedrich