[Kexi-devel] libpqxx 2.6.9 breaks kexi's pqxx driver

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Sat Feb 10 22:50:05 CET 2007

On Saturday, 10. February 2007 22:11, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> Dnia sobota, 10 lutego 2007 10:04, Adam Pigg napisał:
> > On Saturday 10 February 2007 02:50:58 Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > > The latest release of libpqxx abandoned the old API that kexi's pqxx
> > > driver still uses. A patch for the kexi in branches/koffice/1.6 would
> > > be very much appreciated (I already tried to hack something up myself,
> > > but it seems to not be completely trivial).
> > >

> > > Cheers,
> >
> > I'll take a look, but give me a few days
>
> We're using public pqxx's API, right?
> Michaael, what pqxx version are you talking about? If they broke source
> compatibility in a minor release, then it's not our fault...

To quote their release notes:

"Many things have changed. Bugs have been fixed, new features
have been introduced. But most importantly, we're really retiring
the old 1.x-style libpqxx API now. This API (where upper-case letters
were still used in function names and such) has been supported for
more than three years in the interest of backwards compatibility,
but has been marked as obsolete all this time."

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org