[Kexi-devel] Help Writing the Manual

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Tue Jan 31 10:47:36 CET 2006

Dennis F. Desmarais said the following, On 2006-01-31 04:14:

> I do not think that I have the skills to manage the migration for the
> Kexi wiki site from PHPWiki to another version.

Dennis,
We'd like to have PHPWiki pages migrated to MediaWiki format (the one used by
Wikipedia). To do this, we need a converter working on text files exported
from PHPWiki. Maybe one can be found somewhere or needs writing from scratch.

 > However, if there is a
> need for it, I could help format / draft the English text of the Kexi
> manual.

As KDE Docs Team requires, the manual is stored in .docbook format. I am
writing (recently translate from .pl) the content in HTML and others can
format that to docbook. If you're interested in this task, I'll ask someone to
allocate some work for you.

Thanks for your interest!

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska

  Kexi Developer:      http://www.kexi-project.org | http://koffice.org/kexi
  Kexi Support:        http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html
  Kexi For MS Windows: http://kexi.pl/wiki/index.php/Kexi_for_MS_Windows
  KDE3, KDE4 Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:
                       http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki