[Kexi-devel] [Kexi] Some bugs and suggestions

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Tue Jan 24 15:51:01 CET 2006

and hi Custodis :-)

first thanks for the very detailed feedback!

> - will it be possible to add extensions to the program? It might attract
> developers to do program small parts without insight in the total
> program code, and without the need to compile for every new option.

I may like to add;

That sounds exactly like a job for our included scripting-framework. Currently
Kexi is able to have plugins written with python or ruby. Kexi 1.0 will ship
with 3 python-scripts I wrote. ProjectDocumentator.py to generate some
documentation about your Kexi-project, ImportXHTML.py and ExportXHTML.py
which are used to export and import data from/to a XHTML-file.
So, beside native in C++ written Kexi-plugins you are already able to write
your own little python or ruby (javascript will follow) scripts to e.g.
access or manipulate your data, create reports or do whatever you like to do.

See also
http://www.kexi-project.org/scripting/ and
http://www.kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php?Scripting

--