[Kexi-devel] installing roweditbuffer.h

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Dec 15 18:16:20 CET 2006

Robby Stephenson said the following, On 2006-12-15 16:21:

> Hi,
>
> I'm attempting to begin porting my app, Tellico
> (http://periapsis.org/tellico/) to use KexiDB. Is the recommended way to
> update a row to call Connection::updateRow(...) ?

Yes, it takes care about data types and constraints; e.g. when we deliver more
validators you'll get them for free if you use this method.

Note that there's also Cursor::updateRow() available. It's similar to
Connection::updateRow(), except that if you already have a cursor object, e.g.
previously used to fetch the data, you can keep it, and use instead of dealing
with QuerySchema object and connection object (cursor knows the query it is
used for).

This is exactly the way how KexiTableViewData works (a data loader for Kexi's
tabular and form view) [1].
Look at how KexiTableViewData::saveRow() uses Cursor::updateRow().

There is a well known trio: updateRow(), insertRow() and deleteRow()
implemented respectively both at Cursor/Connection level, and at
KexiTableViewData level these are used.

> I started poking at that,
> and noticed that the roweditbuffer.h header doesn't get installed. So
> perhaps it needs to be added to kexidbinclude_HEADERS in
> kexidb/Makefile.am? This is with version 1.1.1.

Just commited to the Subversion repository. I recommend using this version to
get fixes as fast as possible. Also consider sunbscribing to kexi-devel and
send your public question there...

[1] http://www.kexi-project.org/docs/cvs-api/html/classKexiTableViewData.html

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek