[Kexi-devel] [Fwd: Support for Tabledefs/Querydefs?]

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Nov 4 13:42:39 CET 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Support for Tabledefs/Querydefs?
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 13:15:21 +0100
From: Jarosław Staniek <js at iidea.pl>
To: mdbtools-dev at lists.sourceforge.net

Have anybody hacked in binary representation of MS Access table/query defs? Brian?

Is anybody interested in making progress here?

I've recently looked at MSysObjects table, in particular 'LvProp' binary field.
It is base64-encoded bytes containing some structures:
- in tabledef case: fields properties: captions, discriptions and probably any
other propoerty (I've identified mostly utf16 strings because it's easy)
- in querydef case: it's more complex than for tabledefs

Sample 'Shippers' table from sample 'Northwind' database has been tested. More
information:

1. Detailed schema information for this table:

http://kexi-project.org/tmp/msa/northwind_shippers_schema.pdf

2. uubase64-decoded contents of this 'MSysObjects.LvProp' field for this table:

http://kexi-project.org/tmp/msa/shippers

3. the same data re-engineered using my hand-crafted python script:

http://kexi-project.org/tmp/msa/shippers.log

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska