kubuntu 22.04 LTS Kdevelop crashes when parsing project

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 13:24:57 GMT 2023

On Tuesday February 14 2023 08:44:09 Erik Rull wrote:

>[KCrash Handler]
>#4 __memmove_avx_unaligned_erms () at ../sysdeps/x86_64/multiarch/memmove-vec-unaligned-erms.S:317
>#5 0x00007fe72ad52622 in llvm::APInt::initSlowCase(llvm::APInt const&) () at /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libLLVM-13.so.1

Looks like it crashes in libLLVM. Where do you get KDevelop from and does that provider give you a choice what LLVM/Clang version to depend on?

If not, your best option would be to build your own copy of KDevelop, against an older & more stabled LLVM/Clang (which is *probably* going to be faster too, BTW). If you use the Kubuntu package for KDevelop, you can just use apt-get to retrieve the source form of that package, tweak its debian/{control,rules} files to depend on an older LLVM version and use dpkg-buildpackage to create local .deb files of which you'd have to install (with dpkg) only the one that contains the *kdevclang* binaries.

FWIW, this is one of the reasons why years ago already I argued (in vain) for a way to build just the LLVM-based parser plugin (and its dependencies) rather than having to build all of KDevelop.

R.