GUI scaling rendered KDevelop useless on Windows 10

Ingvar Tjøstheim itj at automasjon.no
Mon Sep 13 14:05:30 BST 2021

Dear KDevelop enthusiasts

I enjoy using KDevelop, and use it both on Linux and Windows.

Unfortunately, on Windows 10, the program seems to have an issue which seems to be related to me using different monitors with different DPI.
I have a high resolution desktop monitor, where Windows 10 will scale GUI up a bit to make it more readable.
The computer is a laptop, and when I revert to the built in screen, Windows 10 will scale the GUI back to match this monitor better.

KDevelop seems to get stuck with scaled-up fonts and GUI when I switch to the laptop display.
Switching back and forth a few times seems to "pump up" the GUI size to where the buttons now occupy the majority of the screen and the program is useless.
I have uninstalled and remoted all files in "Program Files" and in "AppData/Local" and reinstalled, but the problem persists.

I have attached a screenshot to this letter, but am not sure if it will show.
I can easily change the size of the editor window by Ctrl-Scroll, but cannot find out how to change the GUI scaling.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!
-Ingvar

[cid:image001.png at 01D7A8B0.CA9D35D0]