Running a source command before launching main command

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 09:46:20 BST 2021

On Friday July 30 2021 02:51:03 Aleix Pol wrote:
>Note that you can set the environment that you run on within the Configure
>Launches dialog.

It was my understanding that the PO knew this and had reason to use another approach (the env. variable values could depend on the date, for instance).

>This is useful if you need to run gdb since otherwise you'll end up
>debugging your starter script rather than your program.

About that: in reality you'd be debugging the shell interpreter of course. Do you know what happens when an application being debugged replaces itself via an exec call? Does the debugger continue with the new executable?

R.