KDevelop Debugger Requirements - LLDB + LLDB-MI + Python 3 + Extensions?

Russell Haley russ.haley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 07:26:09 GMT 2021

Hello,

TLDR:  Does anybody know explicitly which python 3 extensions are required
by KDevelop when debugging with lldb.exe/lldb-mi.exe?

I am working with the fine people over at llvm-mingw to get
lldb.exe/ldb-mi.exe working with KDevelop on Windows. My current
environment is all mucked up so I will be asking my question from memory. I
apologise if I am mistaken.

I noted some time back when testing with a copy of lldm-mi.exe that
KDevelop errored with a message indicating "python needed extensions built
in" (or something to that effect). We seem to be close to having a cross
build of Python-3.8.7 using mingw, and we have the cmake hocus pocus to
build python into lldb, but there are a number of extensions which are
problematic, most of which seem to be posix related.

Does anybody know explicitly which python extensions are required by
KDevelop when debugging with lldb.exe/lldb-mi.exe? Can anyone point me to
the source code where this requirement comes from? Are Python3 extensions
something from qt or is it a KDevelop requirement?

(EDIT: My assumption up until about a minute ago was that lldb required
python + extensions. But reading through the KDevelop code and skimming the
build instructions, I wonder if I am incorrect and it's KDevelop that needs
python 3 + extensions?)

Thanks for the great IDE. lldb-mi is the last piece I need for initial
support of KDevelop through my winlua toolchain: http:winlua.net.

Regards,
Russell