Using .gdbinit and Kdevelop

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 12:17:09 BST 2021

OK I switched to the folder that I want to run and debug and start Kdevelop
from there. Now, when I click on Debug, I see that it tries to load the
macros but fails with this message:

You need gdb 7.0.0 or higher.
You are using: ** loading GPGPU-Sim debugging macros... **

That is weird, because the GDB version is 9.2 according to this output:

$ gdb --version
GNU gdb (Ubuntu 9.2-0ubuntu1~20.04) 9.2
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

Also Kdevelop version is 5.5.