Lateral mouse movement stops scroll wheel

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 09:59:50 BST 2020

On Sunday July 26 2020 21:38:54 Russell Haley wrote:

>movement on the mouse, the scrolling from the wheel is canceled. This
>behaviour seems consistent across multiple Ubuntu VMs and Windows. Is

Does it happen with other mouses too, or with the trackpad? Are you talking about an actual scroll wheel that is still turning when this happens, or about inertial scroll events?
This could simply be a driver issue, or worse, your mouse's firmware (I have a system with a trackpad seen as a generic, mostly option-less multi-touch device that generates signals like "expose the desktop" internally which I can't do anything about, and my Apple Magic Trackpad tends to add a cursor displacement to 2-finger-taps=right-clicks but only for X11 apps).

I agree that this is most likely not a KDevelop issue, but I have to note that I too get mouse-event related glitches that happen only with the context menus in KDevelop's editor. Do you still observe the problem when you disable the mini document view next to the scroll bar and test with a simple text document for which there is nothing to syntax-highlight nor anything to show via popups?

>Thanks for the awesome editor.

Credit where credit is due: the editor is mostly Kate ;)

R.