Turn off branch change detection as it leads to endless loop and CPU leak

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 20:55:01 GMT 2020

On Wednesday January 08 2020 23:24:29 Aleksey Midenkov wrote:

>It doesn't make sense to crash with segmentation fault neither. That's a
>stupid excuse.

Maybe not, but you know, stupid in, stupid out, even if it's stupid in hindsight only. Very little software is foolproof, and a small dev team can spend only so much time think of all the unforeseen situations that can arise.

So no, with hindsight my remark was neither an excuse (but rather an explanation) nor stupid. Complaining on the mailing list, however, isn't very constructive, to say the least. There's a bug tracker for this kind of issue, there's a patch review system (phabricator.kde.org) for contributed fixes and there's an IRC channel where you can get a more interactive form of support,

And now I'll stop ignoring the no feeding sign on this thread O:-)