Remote debugging

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Wed Apr 29 20:22:57 BST 2020

Hi, Martin.

I don't know your case with Raspberry, but it sounds very similar to
what I have while remote debugging my ARM target.
To break into running program on the target Linux I send kill signal to
my application (not gdbserver!). This breaks the gdbserver and stops the
application.
Then you can make steps, browse data and so on.
Another way is to set breakpoints.
Stopping application from within the kdevelop doesn't work for years
since version 4+.
Also note that while downloading the application into the target,
kdevelop tool bar works as accessible and not blocked as it should be.
Also in my case of multitask application, almost always incorrect task
frame is shown as current - I need to choose the correct one manually.
Otherwise any step will cause the program to do arbitrary things.

Hope this helps.

--
             Dr.Leon M.Pollak
                 Director