KDevelop continuous activity?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 15:41:16 BST 2020

On Thursday April 09 2020 16:11:39 Milian Wolff wrote:

>When you just profile an "idle" process over a long time with a sampling
>profiler, you will see the culprit.

Actually, turns out I'm also seeing this on Mac, and there I can attach the "sampler" instrument from Xcode to a running process, e.g. after it has gone (apparently) idle. Maybe something similar exists for Linux?

I had been thinking that maybe this was related to my patch that allows to stop queued background parser processes (via a stub KJob that shouldn't be doing anything itself and gets registered in the ProcessController ). But that patch had not been applied to my latest builds, so something else must be going on.

Cheers,
R.