Can someone confirm?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 18:29:54 BST 2020

On Monday April 06 2020 17:17:46 Leon Pollak wrote:
>Thanks, René. There is one symlink to the source file in the project of 88 files.

Symlink  to file shouldn't cause issues, unless of course it's broken.
The behaviour you describe suggests that KDevelop tries to open a non existing (= create a new) file; you can get the full path by right-clicking on the file tab and selecting "copy filename". That might give you an indication what's happening.

Do you have other projects open in the same session? If so it wouldn't be the 1st time KDevelop opens a file from the wrong project when clicking on a file reference... though I've only seen it open existing files.

R.