How to see that a file is modified?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 21:46:37 BST 2019

On Wednesday September 18 2019 20:49:09 Erik Rull wrote:

>I'm using kdevelop 5.2.1 on kubuntu 18.04.
>I'm happy so far beside one real big tradeoff compared to earlier versions: I
>don't see anywhere that a file got modified and needs to be saved! In older

This got fixed recently; your version is quite old by now. However, you should always be seeing an icon in the document's tab, to the left of the filename.

>Same issue with kate on the same system.

There was a known issue with KDevelop,in code that has nothing to do with Kate. I'm not aware of a single comparable bug in Kate.

What widget style are you using? For some reason the rendering of the document-modified state in the titlebar can be turned off by the widget style, but that only makes sense for styles that also provide a window manager theme (which can then use something fancier than an asterisk in the window title to indicate that a document has been modified).

R.