KDevelop is nice but...

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 09:49:36 GMT 2019

On Tuesday February 12 2019 10:10:45 Sven Brauch wrote:

>> 4) When creating a new cpp file I would really love to select CMake’s target
>> to add it immediately, and to add it to git.
>
>We once had code modifying cmake files, but I think it died together with the
>cmake-parser-based cmake support ...

I remember that. Was there an import mode NOT based on the compile_commands.json file? I still use *that* import mode because it's so much faster, but still don't have automatic cmake file modification :)

Not that I'd want it for *adding* new files; I've seen too many projects that organise their CMake files in, ahem, original fashion. Removing entries when you delete a file is possibly more convenient and easier to implement but even there you can probably not guarantee that you'll always find the entry to remove.