Turn off branch change detection as it leads to endless loop and CPU leak

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 19:49:42 GMT 2019

On Thursday December 26 2019 21:06:00 Aleksey Midenkov wrote:

>I don't know where it is configured. I use Custom Build System. Where is
>this option?

Settings/Configure KDevelop/Projects

Note that you are using a custom build system type of project. For that kind of project KDevelop doesn't have very precise knowledge of the relationships between files and the project is defined as "all files inside the project directory. I don't know to what extent it is actually the case, but if you use CMake with your projects, KDevelop should be able to have much more precise information about which files are actually part of the project, and what interdependencies there are between those files. That sort of information should make re-parsing less error-prone.

>Is it an option of KDevelop and where is it?

No, it's a choice you make in your build system. You know that KDevelop doesn't have an internal build system like Apple's XCode or Microsoft's Visual Studio. Instead it interfaces with CMake or QMake or Meson.

>was gone. I believe you don't test your software properly, do you?

Whether or not they do that, it's almost impossible to foolproof this kind of software.

> No, I don't know what happens when `git branch` doesn't update anything.

That's easy enough to check, just create a new branch for testing and then switch between it and its parent branch to see what happens. It is best if you do that yourself, because I for one do not notice the big problems you seem to be having.

R.