Turn off branch change detection as it leads to endless loop and CPU leak

Aleksey Midenkov midenok at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 18:06:00 GMT 2019

On Wed, Dec 25, 2019 at 3:49 PM René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wednesday December 25 2019 14:09:16 Aleksey Midenkov wrote:
>
> >change which happen quite frequently. So please, add an ability to turn
> off
> >branch change detection.
>
> Does this also happen when you change branches that do not have any
> differences between them, i.e. when no files are being checked out? Does it
> make a difference if you have the project configured to be parsed
> completely on open or not?

I don't know where it is configured. I use Custom Build System. Where is
this option?

> Do you use precompiled headers?

Is it an option of KDevelop and where is it?

Actually syntax parser is broken in several ways. Now it red-underlined
lots of types in files (almost all or all of them) as syntax errors. I
tried to jump from one of them and it jumped to the beginning of some
random unrelated file and after that everything was fixed. All red "errors"
was gone. I believe you don't test your software properly, do you?

--
All the best,

Aleksey Midenkov
@midenok