How to see that a file is modified?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 20:18:52 BST 2019

On Monday August 19 2019 18:31:22 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:

>No ng the port to Qt5/KF5, These patches should restore it, under review now,
>targetting 5.4 branch:
>	https://invent.kde.org/kde/kdevelop/merge_requests/53

FWIW: one of my past contributions added a small snippet of code that causes the window title bar to have a document icon and the full path to the document in a popup by option-clicking on the name. That's a Mac feature made available via a Qt call (`setWindowFilePath()` on line 461/467) that does nothing on other platforms. If memory serves me well it also sets the platform modified indicator (a dot in one of the window buttons).
I'm not at my Mac right now so cannot verify, please remind me to check if you agree that it'd be suboptimal to have 2 indicators (I should also check if appending something to the title doesn't interfere with the platform functionality).

R.