5.2.4 impression

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Apr 13 17:39:27 BST 2019

On Mittwoch, 3. April 2019 11:50:47 CEST Aleksey Midenkov wrote:
> 5.2.4 became much more stable. That's a great thing! Thanks, guys!
>
> But it's still not production-level stable: it still segfaults on git
> branch switch.
> It's still unsteady at definition/declaration jumping area.
> And it tries to parse preprocessor directives, but does it incorrectly (not
> all syntax is covered).
>
> So, please, concentrate on more polishing the basic functionality and do
> less new features. The most important is jumping definition/declaration
> which should work always and be available anytime (even when there are
> syntax errors). Please, test on large sources other than KDE/KDevelop. And
> add an option to not follow preprocessor directives: just parse whole
> source. Please do jump to *declaration body*, not *forward declaration*.

Hey there,

most of us are quite busy if you haven't noticed. And I'm not aware of any big
new feature work ;-) Additionally, me and quite a few others are using
KDevelop in production for years. So if you are hitting bugs and crashes,
consider to dive into the code and fix them. It's most often not that hard,
really - and you learn a lot, help others etc. - it's worth it :)

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de