Strange bug in code highlighting

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 19:15:13 GMT 2018

On 2018-03-05 11:46, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Monday March 05 2018 11:14:05 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> (Fortunately, I don't have to restart KDevelop often, so it is
>> usually days or even weeks between waiting on a full parse.)
>
> YMMV as they say :)
>
> Watch the memory usage for bigger projects, esp. if they also contain ObjC(++) files! I've seen it go well over 1Gb with only a few files open (= parsed), which is reason enough for me to quit the session when done on my poor 12Gb system. But we're straying :)

YMMV indeed. I consider 1 GiB to be *low*, or at least typical, memory
usage for KDevelop :-). Fortunately (and mostly due to not-KDevelop
memory hogs), I have 32 GiB.

(I have two instances open currently. Both are at about 1 GiB RES, and
my current swap is negligible, so that's probably a reasonable
reflection of actual memory requirements. One has about five
modest-sized projects loaded. The other has one modest-sized project,
but also Qt.)

--
Matthew