Parsing issues with libclang5 on kdevelop 5.2.1

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Mar 5 10:18:39 GMT 2018

On Monday, March 5, 2018 9:41:03 AM CET René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Sunday March 04 2018 21:47:33 Mathias Kraus wrote:
> >I think I found the problem. By default, gcc is set as compiler at Project
> >-> Open Configuration -> Language Support -> C/C++ Parser. Setting it to
> >clang solved the problem. Is there somewhere a configuration option to set
> >clang as default?
>
> This may be a stupid question: can libclang be set to parse as if it's GCC,
> or is the option name an echo from the past when KDevelop had its own
> parser?

This is about the compiler built-in macros and include paths, cf.
IncludesAndDefinesManager code which queries a compiler.

We may need to get rid of this feature, as it apparently does not work. But
that means KDevelop will basically require clang as a compiler, which is
different from libclang as a parser...
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de