No output from qDebug in run tool subwindow

Hartmut Riesenbeck hriesenb at uos.de
Thu Jun 14 12:02:50 BST 2018

Hi all,

Since update to KDevelop 5.2.3 there is no output from qDebug() in the run
tool output subwindow for normal program execution of cmake projects.  In
debug mode qDebug prints to the debug subwindow. If I start the program in the
konsole subwindow it also prints the qDebug output correctly.

Interestingly, it works for qmake projects as expected.

Is qDebug output configurabel somehow? Or is the wanted behavior of KDevelop?
I tryed already to play with QT_LOGGING_RULES env var. But that changed
nothing.

Thanks
Hartmut