Parsing issues with libclang5 on kdevelop 5.2.1

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 09:11:14 GMT 2018

Hi,

>Does anyone have problems with parsing when using kdevelop 5.2.1 with libclang5. I'm using KDE neon which ships libclang5 since a few weeks and I had problems with parsing since then, e.g. displayed error for connection Qt signals and slots. Just reverted back to libclang4  and everything is fine again.

Yeah, and crashes in libclang5 either for no apparent reason (correct code) or while editing code.

I'm using the .debs directly from llvm.org which gets regular updates and I'd say things have been improving steadily. You can always install the llvm5 packages from there too and make sure KDevelop uses that libclang.

R.