KDevelop: Resolution issue in multi-monitor setup

Joseph Schuchart schuchart at hlrs.de
Fri Dec 21 19:48:26 GMT 2018

Hi,

I am using KDevelop in a multi-monitor environment with KDevelop
commonly running on the external 2560x1440 monitor and other things on
the 1920x1080 laptop screen. Since KDevelop 5.3.0 I am having issues
with the resolution of both the editor text and symbols in the window:

1) When launching KDevelop everything seems fine except for icons that
are displayed too big. However, when moving the window to the laptop
monitor, e.g., by disconnecting the external monitor or manually,
everything seems overblown: the editor text is huge, as are the icon
texts (as if it was running in 800x600).
2) The same happens when KDevelop is on the external monitor and I
return from a locked screen. In that case it helps to move the window on
the external monitor a bit to get the original state.
3) Starting KDevelop when the external monitor is not connected things
seem fine on the laptop monitor but if I move the window to the external
monitor after connecting it the editor text size becomes unreadably small.

I did not have these problems with KDevelop 5.2.1 and just tested 5.3.1
(all from the downloaded app images), where the problem still persists.
I am running Linux Mint 19.0 Cinnamon edition and don't see this problem
with any other application. Attached are two screenshot demonstrating
the problems. Any idea what could be going wrong here?

Cheers
Joseph

--
Dipl.-Inf. Joseph Schuchart
High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)

Tel.: +49(0)711-68565890
Fax: +49(0)711-6856832
E-Mail: schuchart at hlrs.de