source formatting for .h files: C or C++?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 13:48:55 BST 2017

On Monday September 04 2017 13:35:20 Aleix Pol wrote:

> > Is it correct that the source formatting choice for .h files is taken from the C formatting choice, even if the header is clearly a C++ one?
>
> It's clearly not correct.

No, but am I right this is what happens (or can happen, one could imagine an order effect here)?

Not sure if there's an easy fix if file type is determined from the extension, nor even how you'd do a reliable C++ detection from syntax that doesn't check for every C++-specific idiom. And then there's ObjC and ObjC++...

R.