unwanted added compiler arguments

Arthur Gruzauskas arthur at gruz.net
Mon Oct 30 12:28:44 GMT 2017

On Monday, 30 October 2017 11:05:45 PM AEDT you wrote:
> On Monday, 30 October 2017 12:16:20 PM AEDT Sven Brauch wrote:
> > On 29/10/17 04:26, Arthur Gruzauskas wrote:
> > > Started playing with using C++17 features, but have hit a wall with some
> > > unwanted compiler arguments being magically appended.
> >
> > What build system do you use? Did you also tell your build system to
> > also use C++17? KDevelop retrieves arguments from there.
> >
> > Greetings,
> > Sven

 My build system is CMake, in the Open Configuration...  dialog I simply accept the
default values for all CMake variables, only setting CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to Release

In CMakeLists.txt I set:

set(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER "/usr/bin/clang++-4.0")

# see https://crascit.com/2015/03/28/enabling-cxx11-in-cmake/
set(CMAKE_CXX_STANDARD 14)
set(CMAKE_CXX_STANDARD_REQUIRED ON)
set(CMAKE_CXX_EXTENSIONS OFF)

set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "-march=native -std=c++1z -pipe -Wall -Werror -Wshadow -
Wno-c++98-compat -Weverything -Wno-conversion -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-c+
+98-compat-pedantic -Wno-padded -Wno-documentation-unknown-command -
Wno-deprecated -Wno-covered-switch-default -Wno-exit-time-destructors -Wno-
global-constructors -Wno-disabled-macro-expansion")

in ~/.bashrc, /etc/bash.bashrc and CMakeLists.txt , a file text search shows no
reference to 'PIC' nor 'c++14' . Ditto in the Open Configuration.. -> Configure
Language Support dialog.

clang & gcc are standard debian testing installs with no modifications.

I have repeatedly removed the whole build directory, used gcc instead, to no avail.

In the compiler build panel, the "-fPIC -std=c++14" looks to be appended to my
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS above, as shown in the original post.

Is this a KDevelop thing, or should I be looking elsewhere?

Arthur, a bit embarrassed to be bringing up something no one else is having a
problem with.