undocking/detaching toolviews to regular windows instead of tool windows

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 21:13:05 BST 2017

On Thursday October 12 2017 15:43:16 Kevin Funk wrote:

Hi,

>Seems to do the job. But please investigate some more yourself, please make
>sure that doesn't break any other integration within the Sublime architecture.
>Only then file a patch,

Almost there...
>best with some unit test.

I think the test_viewactivation test could be adapted to use IdealDockWidgets instead of QDockWidgets, but that requires exporting at least IdealDockController, IdealButtonBarWidget, IdealToolWidget and IdealLayout (I've already exported IdealDockWidgets itself so that doc plugins can configure it to use regular instead of floating windows).

I guess that those classes would require exporting for any unittest, is that worth it? I mean, you cannot really unit-test how those windows behave, if they render their content as it should etc, can you?

FWIW, I also get the test to link when I add the source files for the classes above to the test sources. The result doesn't crash straight away. I know this is safe with C, but is it also safe with C++?

R.