undocking/detaching toolviews to regular windows instead of tool windows

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 21:35:36 BST 2017

On Thursday October 12 2017 15:26:37 Leon Pollak wrote:

> In my humble opinion it will be useful in the case you mentioned...

Leon, if you (or anyone else) wants to have a preview:

adds standalone window support to IdealDockWidget:
https://github.com/RJVB/macstrop/blob/master/kf5/kf5-kdevelop/files/devel52/patch-regular-undocked-windows.diff

makes the documentation toolview use standalone windows (hardwired):
https://github.com/RJVB/macstrop/blob/master/kf5/kf5-kdevelop/files/devel52/patch-docview-standalone.diff

These are for the 5.2 branch, and they intersect somewhat with my QTextBrowser-docview patches so let me know if they don't work out because of that or any other reason.

I'll be testing them myself some more and put them up for review when I feel like it.

R.