Haskell within Kdevelop...???

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 10:59:06 GMT 2017

On Monday November 13 2017 05:03:12 Michael George Hart wrote:

>Yet I have not been able to find any documentation on how to use Haskell
>from within KDevelop
>
>Anyone knows

Hi,

I think you'll just have to use one of the custom project managers, or even write a CMakeLists.txt file for your project(s). KDevelop is just a GUI around the usual commandline tools at the basis, so it can be used for development in any language that can be used with a standard tool like `make`.

You won't get code parsing that allows syntax checking and advanced contextual help for languages that are not supported by clang/llvm (and accompanying kdevelop plugin) but most other IDE features should work.

I use KDevelop with a few projects that consist of a loose collection of Tcl files. I do miss simple syntax parsing support that would allow it to recognise simple things like procedure definitions but overall it still beats using vi and a terminal.

HtH,
R.