KDevelop 5 too slow?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue May 30 16:54:10 BST 2017

On Tuesday May 30 2017 16:45:55 Milian Wolff wrote:

> No, because clang internally keeps track of the parse job, see Sven's mail on
> that matter.

In this thread? Seems surprising that you'd be obliged to wait for an asynchronous operation to finish once it's started. I realise that could mean you cannot launch a new parse job in the same thread, but chances are that job would be just as unwanted.

The minor South-African political party or the Korean girly pop trio? Or maybe https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kisekae_Set_System (annoying humans in the loop, so yeah you must have meant that O:^) )

> Ctrl + Space is that shortcut. It's actually a good idea to force-update the
> document in that situation.

What situation, when triggering a completion manually? Isn't that another highly appropriate moment to launch such an operation if it can take seconds to complete? (you'd at least need a visual feedback so the user knows to be patient and wait.)