[KDevelop feedback] Binary for 32-bit Ubuntu

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Thu May 11 10:08:31 BST 2017

On Thursday, 11 May 2017 10:47:58 CEST KDevelop wrote:
> Stephan Osterkamp (not verified) (Stephan.Osterkamp at bakerhughes.com) sent a
> message using the contact form at
> https://www.kdevelop.org/contact/kdevelop_feedback.
>
> Message
>                  Hi,

Heya,

> I'm working on a project using drivers for 32 bit linux. I do have a VM to
> develop in. I'm pleased with Kdevelop4.7.3, but I read about all kinds of
> cool features/plugins for 5. (Valgring, Control Flow Graph, etc)
> I tried to install version 5.1.0 from source, but I'm not skilled enough to
> follow your insturctions.

Could you tell us where you're blocked? Which Ubuntu version is this? It
should be fairly easy these days to compile KDevelop, using kdesrc-build.

I've summarized the procedure here, for Ubuntu 15.10+:
  http://kfunk.org/2016/02/16/building-kdevelop-5-from-source-on-ubuntu-15-10/

> The Binary build would be ideal, but I would need this for a 32 bit ubuntu
> 16.04.

Unfortunately we don't offer a prebuilt AppImage for 32-bit as of today. The
amount of work needed to create an AppImage for 32-bit isn't justified since
there's basically no demand for it. Close  to everyone's running a 64-bit
Linux these days.

You're the first to request it, I think ;)

Hope that helps,
Kevin