Whence the accelerators?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri May 5 10:16:54 BST 2017

On Friday May 05 2017 10:55:27 Alexander Zhigalin wrote:

>  https://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdeui/html/classKMenu.html#a1c4c4b910df899d814e511e357283bcd
>
>You'd need to port KMenu's accelerator feature to QMenu to fix.

Porting shouldn't be hard, getting it accepted into Qt is a different task altogether 8-)

>But we can use the Alt key, right?
>Now in the project context menu (see screenshot) there are alt-bindings only for "copy" and "paste" entries...

Ctrl (or Command, on Mac). Yes, those are most likely added automatically by Qt. There are ways to assign short-cuts to the other actions too, but AFAIK that has already been done because they do appear in the shortcuts editor. Maybe the same thing happens here that I also ran in to when I tried to make the shortcuts for Rename, Delete etc. configurable (IIRC they too never appeared in the context menu and were generally unreliable).

Could this have something to do with the fact that those contextmenu actions are created and added on the fly, just before the contextmenu appears?

R.