KDevelop 5 too slow?

Alexander Shaduri ashaduri at gmail.com
Wed May 3 19:08:50 BST 2017

Hi,

I can reproduce at least some of the slowness using a template
(Qt/C++) project from KDevelop.

Simply opening main.cpp:

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    QApplication app(argc, argv);
    testkdev5 w;
    w.show();

    return app.exec();
}

and changing "app" definition (like typing "2" after it so it becomes app2)
takes about 3-4 seconds to re-parse and re-highlight.

It all becomes a lot slower with 2 other projects I have (one quite small
and one large, with the parser sometimes "giving up?" - not highlighting
errors).

Should I file a bug report?

Thanks,
Alexander