KDevelop 5 too slow?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue May 2 23:19:46 BST 2017

Aleix Pol wrote:

>> On 04/22/2017 04:27 PM, Alexander Shaduri wrote:
>>> Is this normal behavior, or is my build broken somehow?
>> I have seen this behaviour with some projects, but not with others
>> (orthogonal to size). I still don't know what causes it and it's very
>> annoying. :/
>
> +1

Isn't that because of the unknown declaration fixer thingy which has a knack of
scanning and rescanning a potentially huge number of include files, on the
main/gui thread?

If so, yes, it's standard behaviour (I wouldn't call it "normal" :))

I proposed a workaround for that a while back which got shot down; Kevin
apparently has a cleaner fix.

R.