F10 in debugger

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Mar 30 15:59:27 BST 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Norbert Zawodsky <norbert at zawodsky.at> wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I have 2 machines which "should" be identical: Linux: openSUSE Leap 42.2,
> Desktop: KDE Frameworks: 5.26.0, Kdevelop: 5.1.0
>
> Now, if I debug my app, on first machine F10/F11 work as expected.
>
> On the second machine: In the beginning, on F11 ("step into") kdevelop
> complained that F11 was ambigous and that I should check
> "Settings->Configure Shortcuts". I removed F11-assignment to Kate and now
> F11 works. But F10 ("step over") does nothing. Again I checked the shortcuts
> and it shows me that F10 is uniquely assigned to kdevdebugger->Step Over.
> But F10 still does nothing and I ran out of ideas where/how I could further
> investigate this.
>
> (It is extremely annoying to debug an app using the menu "Run->Step Over"
> for every single line of code)

It would be very much appreciated if you could look into what's wrong.
The feature should work so you are probably hitting a bug. A good
first step would be to see the output and see if there's a warning or
an error.
I assume that you're talking about keys but you checked if you have
the same problem if you use the menu entry or the toolbar button...

Also please open a bug report about it in bugs.kde.org so we can keep
track of the issue.

Regards,
Aleix