git status --porcelain error?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 10:37:42 GMT 2017

On Sunday March 5 2017 11:06:31 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

>In fact, shouldn't DVcsJob::start() call waitForStarted() with an appropriately short timeout after calling d->childproc->start()?

That doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've now modified the dvcsjob code to output both the stdout and stderr of the git subprocess via qCWarning(), and this is what I see:

kdevplatform.vcs: Found an error while running "git ls-files -- kclock.h" : "FailedToStart" Exit code is: 0
kdevplatform.vcs: Error: "Process 'git ls-files -- kclock.h' exited with status 0\n\"\"\n\"\""

I guess I should check for errors from waitForStarted() and see if that tells me more.

I *think* I've also seen a case yesterday where the issue resolved itself after a while, without restarting KDevelop. You'd almost start thinking something is wrong with my system, but then other QProcess calls should fail too for no apparent reason and I have no evidence of that whatsoever.

R.